Camera Club: Greatest Hits
November 17, 2022
February 12, 2023
This year’s Camera Club exhibition is Greatest Hits. Instead of a theme we’re asking you to submit your best and most exciting work. If you have started a new series, what are some of your favorite images? Let’s see the best shots from a recent trip or wilderness adventure. Have you been working on your studio or street photography? Or, you can submit your favorite group or self-portraits. It’s up to you!
Who can submit? This exhibition is open to ALL current Sioux City Camera Club members. You are invited to submit 3 artworks for consideration. Photographs of all subject matter and shot since 2021 are eligible. Photographs must be framed no larger than 16 x 20” and ready to hang. We suggest using a white mat with a black frame. This year’s juror is Sioux City Art Center Curator Christopher Atkins.
- October 23, 2022 – Deadline for entries
- October 31, 2022 – Artists notified of jury decision by email
- November 10, 2022 – Work must be received and ready to hang by this date at the Sioux City Art Center
- November 17, 2022 – Exhibition opens to the public
- February 12, 2023 – Exhibition closes
- February 20, 2023 – All works from exhibition must be picked up by this date at Sioux City Art Center
Artists will fill out an application and images using the Sioux City Art Center online form below. The following is required for a complete application:
- Each artist will submit 3 photographs.
- Images should be .jpg files no larger than 5MB in size. Image filenames should be in the following format:
- last name_image number (for example, Smith_1).
- Each image requires the following: title, date, medium/materials, and dimensions.
- Artist’s mailing address, email and phone number with preferred method of contact.
- Any object(s) left after 30 days from the ending date listed on the loan agreement will be considered abandoned and will become the property of the SCAC, unless prior arrangements have been made.
All artist will be notified of the juror’s decision by October 31, 2022. Artists chosen for the exhibition will be asked to submit additional materials including a short-term loan form.