July 28, 2022
November 6, 2022
Local Perspectives is the ever-popular exhibition that celebrates the diversity, talent and enthusiasm of you, YES YOU, our local artists! This is an open invitation to ALL artists to submit their work for this important exhibition which showcases the quality of Siouxland’s exciting creative communities. Local Perspectives will be installed in the Main Gallery, located on the 3rd floor of the Sioux City Art Center.
The reception for Local Perspectives will be on Thursday, July 28, 6:00-8:00pm.
Who can submit? ALL artists, 18 and over, from all backgrounds who live within 50 miles of Sioux City can submit up to 3 artworks for consideration. A maximum of 50 artworks will be selected. Works in all media are eligible. Electronic media artists will supply and troubleshoot their own display equipment. Awards will be offered to the artworks judged to be 1st ($500), 2nd ($300), and 3rd ($200). It is free to submit your work. This year’s juror is Sioux City Art Center Curator Christopher Atkins.
Local Perspectives Exhibition, 2020
- May 29, 2022 – Deadline for entries
- June 6, 2022 – Artists notified of juror’s decision by email
- July 8, 2022 – Work must be received by this date at the Sioux City Art Center
- July 28, 2022 – Exhibition opening reception and awards announcements (6:00 – 8:00 pm)
- July 29, 2022 – Exhibition opens during regular hours
- November 6, 2022 – Exhibition closes
- November 20, 2022 – All works from exhibition must be picked up by artists by this date
Each artist will fill out an application and upload images using the Sioux City Art Center online form below. The following is required for a complete application:
- Images of 1-3 artworks. Artists may submit only 2 different views of each 3-dimensional artwork. This means sculptors may submit up to a total of 6 images. Images should be jpeg files no larger than 2MB in size. (Instructions on resizing images HERE.)
- Information on each artwork, including title, date, medium/materials, and dimensions of each artwork.
- Artist’s mailing address, email and phone number with preferred method of contact.
All artists will be notified of the juror’s decision by June 6. Artists chosen for the exhibition will be asked to submit additional materials.