The Sioux City Art Collection – 1938
May 10, 2014
September 14, 2014
As the Art Center looks back at its 100 years of history, this exhibition presents many of the artworks that formed the foundation of the permanent collection when the Art Center opened the doors to its first permanent location in 1938. Most of these artworks date from the late 19th and early 20th centuries and include both American and European artists.
George Ames Aldrich, The Mill Pond, 1919, oil on canvas, 29.5 x 39.5 inches
Gift of the Sioux City Society of Fine Arts in celebration of the opening of the WPA Art Center; 938.03